Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Summer Recap... only 2 months late : )

This summer flew by pretty quickly! The summer started with my 2 classes- critical care, and psych nursing.  Although it was pretty busy, and stressful I am glad that it was over in just 4 short weeks. After classes were over Jason and I started to get ready for CAMPING with my parents!!! We flew in to Lubbock and my grandparents were there to spend the day with us before we left for Colorado.  I am so glad for the time with them and wish it could be more! Can't wait till we live closer to them!

The next morning we left for Santa Fe (1/2 way to South Fork, CO).  We had a great time showing Jason the "real indians", eating good mexican food and going to a piano bar with my parents.  It was a Sunday night so all of the opera singers were at the piano bar because they were off for the night.  It was such a great time!

Chapel Loretto in Sante Fe. 
The next morning we continued the drive to South Fork, Co- Fun Valley! We were at Fun Valley for a week, and once we left mom and dad stayed for another week.  A lot of people have asked "What did you do for a week camping?" my reply NOTHING!!!! and it was sooooooooo nice! Dad took Jason fly fishing a few times in the river and I think they both had a good time.  The fish didn't seem to be biting alot, but I'm glad that they were able to spend time together! Mom and I spent time cooking, reading, and just sitting outside enjoying the 70 degree weather.  After the crazy year I had last year I was very thankful for having nothing to do.  Most nights it rained so we played spades... every night.  If you know anything about my family you know we are very competitive and pretty good at spades (at least mom and I are lol).  Jason did pretty well, but the girls pulled it out most nights. All in all it was a great trip, and I am very glad that Jason and I got the one on one time with my parents.  I think this was the first time it was just the four of us since we started dating in 2007.  Here are a few fishing pictures:




School started this week and although it looks like I will have ALOT of work, it will be very different from last year.  It was great knowing that this was my LAST first day of nursing school. The stress has now turned from passing tests to passing state boards after graduation, and finding a job.  It's exciting, and scary all at the same time.

** update since I wrote this: I only have 85 days left now till graduation, and filling out applications has started to occupy my time.  I am ready to know where we will be after graduation! jason and i have been able to spend a lot of time together, compared to last year and we are having a great time! I am hoping I can update more regularly now that life is calming down!

More on our journey next time
Heather

1 comment:

  1. We had a wonderful time in Fun Valley with the two of you! Hopefully, Jason loved camping and fishing so you guys will want to go along again another time! Yes.... we are the BEST at spades!!! We would have thrown our bodies down to insure we WON!

    ReplyDelete